Out with the old

>> Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today was so nice that I decided to start cleaning out the raised beds holding last year's straw bales. It really is recycling at it's best -- the old decomposed bales are perfect to put in the flower beds out in the bird garden. My new annuals will love the rich decomposing goodness and I will get to enjoy flowers all summer.

I was quite productive and was able to get the old pepper bed and 1 side of the tomato beds done today. I'm even thinking of having the ole DH make 2 more raised flower beds out front. They sure are easier to weed, maintain and are so much better on my lower back! Not to mention, I may try to plant more cukes out there this year(remember last years did terrible only producing 3-4 cukes off of 2 vines).

So, all in all, I got a head start on one of my spring chores and it feels pretty good!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP