Heading to Minnesota

>> Saturday, January 8, 2011

La headed out yesterday to drive up to Minnesota. A new job, a new life and a new apartment await her there.

In the meantime we have to adjust that she is no longer "just up the road" but now many miles away from us. I have to be honest. I don't like it one little bit. Yes, it was inevitable that this would come to pass, great jobs are hard to find and when one is offered the red carpet...one must sieze the opportunity.

We are excited for her, but sad nonetheless. We won't be there to help her arrange her furniture or have Monty hang her curtains and pictures. We're not there to share in her excitement of a new place, new town, new everything. And my heart hurts.

We said our goodbyes on Wednesday and with tears in my eyes it was hard. I came in, laid on the couch for the next 2 hrs and thought about when we dropped her at college and came home without her. Feels the same but different. This time there won't be any coming home for all the holiday's or a random drop in on weekend here and there. No, now they'll be work shedules, summer vacation and holiday schedules she'll have to work around.

I know somehow it will all work out. But, for now I feel my little family unit is changing. And, I don't like it one little bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP