Everything's Big in Texas

>> Saturday, March 12, 2011



Well, it's been 13 days since Aaron and Kayla packed up the car and headed west. West to Texas that is. They have a small apartment and life is good.

Ahh, enjoy it my son, these will be the days you remember so fondly.

I often say, Monty and I were our happiest when we had nothing but a small apartment.(What I mean by that is when you own a house.. along with it comes taxes, mortgage, upkeep and responsibility)(Not that we were irresponsible but it was kinda nice not being tied down to anything).

I personally have never been to Texas, but I know my parents went there back in the 50's. I have a picture of my Dad roping a steer. I never ask him much about that trip, wish I had now of course. The only thing I know is they went there to visit my Aunt Vada, my Mom's sister.

Ah, but I digress. Back to Texas, where everything is big. Wonder where that saying came from? It is a pretty big state and they do wear pretty big hats.

Hmmm...probably has something to do from back in the days of the cowboy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP