Itchy, Itchy, Itchy...

>> Monday, April 6, 2009


"Leaves of three..leave be"

I had the misfortune last weekend to get into poison ivy and it's cousin poison oak or sumac, but the net of it is, I broke out immediately. Potent stuff this time of year and while I didn't see it, I was definitely in an area where it was last year.

Ended up getting a low dose pred pak from one of the Doc's at work, which helped greatly to begin with, but I think I needed 2 weeks worth. I continued to break out for several days and I still have some pretty itchy places. So today, while weeding, I really had to pay attention. I have also washed my hands practically every hour with Technu to hopefully ward off getting any more.

I also washed all my bedding and my clothes.. twice, since I have continued to break out. It has to be on something..and I keep touching it..and keep getting more of it.

It sucks and I certainly do not want anymore of it this summer. Once is enough!

1 comments:

Laurie Elaine, Ph.D. April 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

Awww Mamsie! I'm sorry to hear that - hope it starts getting better soon!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP