Fall Foliage.....not

>> Sunday, November 1, 2009

I have to face the stark reality that we are just not going to see any real beautiful leaf changing this year. Here it is the 1st of November, the leaves have started to fall but very few have even turned. No pretty yellows, oranges or reds. Just a few sad yellow brown ones. I'm holding out that the dogwoods may put on a little show, but my maple appears to be a no go.

We'll see, I'm not giving up hope yet!

On another note though, our pecan harvest is in full swing...we have picked up the last of them and now waiting for them to dry out some before freezing. I had our 2007 harvest shelled and have started the arduous job of sorting them. However, after seeing what they cost at Walmart for a pound, I have to say I am wealthy in the pecan department.

Take a look. Just think fudge, cheese balls, pecan pies.....hmmmmmmmm.......





1 comments:

La,  November 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

My pecans are delicious...check my blog for some adorable pics of your lil granddog!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP