Lantana "less"

>> Sunday, April 11, 2010

Well, the prolonged cold snap we had during winter took it's toll on my lantana plants save one spot. All my plants in the front yard - gone! The only place I have a few sprigs coming up is under the dogwood tree on the side of the house. There it was sheltered and insulated most likely by the surrounding azalea's. Such a shame, as they were all transplants from our old home place. However, on a happier note, what I have left is the purple variety which is quite difficult to find, so I'll nurse it along and hopefully be able to transplant it back to the front.

Here's a picture I took of it in November, right before I cut it back. This particular variety looks it best in late summer and early fall. The yellow/orange variety in the background was quite showy as well but had less blooms by Nov.


The yellow/orange variety grew to be 5 x 5 ft. and was loved by the hummingbirds and butterflies. I'll replace it but it'll be a while before it gets big as in this picture.


This was taken in the summer and you can see how bushy it gets.


Transplanting hosta today, as you can see I have a few pots....

2 comments:

Unknown April 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Your yard is beautiful. Wish I could kill all the weeds in mine. They are destroying the the Azalea's flowers. I see you live in Wilmington NC. Wondering if we have ever meet.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP