Matchy Matchy with Martha

>> Saturday, September 19, 2009






Cute little "wedding" gift thank you notes I made for one the girls at work.

The Kraft brown note cards I purchased from Michael's last week were only $2.50. However, there were only 8 blank cards and envelopes and I needed at least 16. So, off I went to Michael's again. Of course, they didn't have any more of the Kraft brown ones. So, while browsing the Martha Stewart section, lo and behold, a bunch of her note card sets had been reduced! The eyelet white cards were marked down to @2.99. They were originally $10.00, of which I would have never paid full price for, but on sale is a different thing. They are darling! Only wish they had had more! Made from top quality paper, they are very nice indeed. I ended up using the "Martha" colors on them and wow..I think they turned out so pretty. I also used small pearls to use as the center of each flower and placed the colored strip behind the flowers to accent them. The paper I used on the brown Kraft came from my stash. This paper has given me a a lot of trouble idea wise. It had large flowers which I couldn't figure out how to cut, so I could utilize most of the paper. In the end I just measured, cut and glued them on cards. Then I analyzed where to best place the scalloped embellishment. I love how they turned out as well. The brown ribbon I used on them was on sale for a $1. It just tied up so nice. I will definitely be buying more of it in different colors. The two sets compliment each other with similar colors. S0, this little matchy, matchy set will be going to it's owner on Monday. I think she'll be really pleased!

On another note, I sure have gotten my money's worth out of the punches I have used on all the note card sets. While all the cards are very similar, the recipients don't know each other, so they'll never know a "like" set exists out there. I am using up my stash of paper that was accumulating in my storage cabinet. Pairing down has been my goal and I am whittling away slowly but surely....and that is a good thing!

3 comments:

Laurie Elaine, Ph.D. September 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Oh wow...I think this is some of your best work yet Mom!! I especially love the Kraft brown set!

And I'm the same way, I'm only using what I have as far as craft supplies go. Definitely in the paring down mode.

Are you doing any fall decorating? I'm setting mine up soon...

Lantanalane2 September 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

Yes, I just cleaned the buffet off to set up the Halloween stuff. I have been feeling festive for the last several days. And going out to stores that have been decorated has only made me feel more festive-lol!

I love the kraft paper set ones too. I've been online - trying to find more - most places are out of that size. I think Christmas cards could be very pretty on them. Did you check out Nichole's site for Christmas ideas - I definitely love the pink! And I have never been one to like pink at Christmas..I probably won't do pink, but I can certainly see the lime green, burgundy, etc.

Laurie Elaine, Ph.D. September 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

I did just check out her site and I have to admit that I'm loving the pink as well - especially the poinsettias and that christmas tree made with all the circles - and I like the swirls too.

And you know me, I love lime green with the christmas colors!

I am thinking I'm definitely going to get my fall stuff out this week. I still really need to get my apartment all finished up so I can post the pics, and just be done with it all. That's my goal for this week.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP