Baby, it's cold outside

>> Sunday, December 6, 2009

Well, that is if you consider 46 degrees cold. I happen to think it's considered on the cool side, which is why I am in my flannel pj's and hoodie. Quite toasty am I.

Last week when it rained, we saw lightning and heard thunder. Wive's tales say when it lightnings in December, you will see snow(or I think it does). So I'm waiting for this to happen. This month, say Christmas eve, that would be dang near perfect timing if you ask me.

Wilmington has only seen snow on Christmas eve one time in the last twenty years. 1989. Aaron was 2, Laurie 6. It was the most magical Christmas ever. Big snow flakes that drifted down, falling for hours. A foot or more I do believe fell that day. The kids went outside laughing, falling down, making snowballs and in general, were just amazed at all the snow. Since then, we've had a few small snow events but nothing like 1989.

So, I think a repeat of 1989 is in order. I'd sure like to see some cute little snowflakes gently falling from the sky, sticking to the ground and causing everything to come to a standstill.

Quiet and snow kinda go together, don't they?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP