Home Alone

>> Saturday, March 7, 2009



Well, this evening both the husband and son are off working. So here I am "home alone".

It's been strange having no one at home..guess I better learn to deal with it, because from here on out this is the way it's going to be. Maybe not every weekend but it's going to more than I am used too. However, I took advantage of being here alone to finish up a couple of chores. Worked out in the yard and transplanted a few things that had been needing to go into bigger pots. Watered my pots of Hosta that are starting to emerge. Did a little bird watching. And soon after that meandered in to do a little paper crafting.

Now I have to say I am glad to have taken "crafting" back up. It seems I have always made something every year but to tell the truth my creativity has been waning the last couple of years. That is until recently discovering all the cool things people are making with paper. I have found several things I am going to be trying out of the next several weeks, especially since I now have "home alone" time.

Tonight I finished the baby girl stationary and ended up making a couple of extra cards after remembering I had a corner slot punch. Why I didn't think of it earlier is beyond me. I could have done a bunch more but the bag was getting tight so I ended with 16 cards plus 3 smaller ones. I was really happy how it all came together and the little bag is sweet but simple.

No more pregnant girls at work to do any more thank you cards for, so now I have an excuse to move on to my next project....

2 comments:

AnniePat March 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

very cute...

i'm waiting for instruction on how to start my garden, so please keep me posted!!!

Lantanalane2 March 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Thanks..I hope the girl at work that's going to get them likes them too!

I plan on moving the raised beds further down into the yard(Aaron is home and he has the muscle!)I am also trying something new- potatoes in a plastic garbage can. Don't know how many I'll actually harvest but it will be a fun experiment. Have you gotten your raised beds ready? We are slipping back into a drought situation here so I've got 3 rain barrels out to catch water to use. Did you know I watered almost completely with rain water and a/c condensation water last year?

If you aren't in a drought you should plant some Indian corn- when Trev was little we planted some and he loved watching the corn grow and then when we harvested it - they were little ears of all different colors. I tied them with ribbons in groups of 3 and placed them on the buffet for fall decorations. Rachel would probably get a kick out of it.

Stay tuned, I'm doing a mini hoop greenhouse to start my seeds in. I hope is works - lol.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP