Procrastination 101

>> Saturday, March 14, 2009

I am having a hard time getting motivated this morning. The weather is a little on the chilly and gray side, so I am not really wanting to go out and move my raised beds as I had planned. Pair that with Aaron's attention to March madness and I can just about hang up getting anything accomplished today. As I write he is watching the Fla.St. and UNC game. Oh well.

On another note my chickens are laying again to the tune of 4-5 eggs a day. I had planned on taking in 3 dozen to work to sell and dang if I didn't forget them yesterday morning. So now I am going to have to "float" them again before taking them on Monday. The theory is if they float, they are bad and if they sink, they are good. I don't take any chances and chunk them if they if remotely stand on end rather than sink and lay on their sides at the bottom of the bowl. Pretty high tech- huh?

Aaron identified a Pine Siskin at the bird feeders today. Monty and I had seen one the other day but we thought we were looking at an immature Goldfinch. We should of looked in our bird guide. They are only similar in the fact that both are yellow and black. Just read in the paper this morning about how Salmonella is killing the pine siskins and gold finches. So tomorrow I am going to wash the feeders with a bleach solution and refill them. Don't want to take a chance and spread it among my feeders.

Supposed to rain tomorrow so I think I'll finalize my order to the seed company and get that out in the mail on Monday. Time's a wasting.. so I better get to the laundry at least. More later.

Toodles!

2 comments:

Laurie Elaine, Ph.D. March 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

I agree Mams...this weather is terrible for getting anything accomplished! All I've managed to do is feed myself and sit in front of the TV - all day.

Lantanalane2 March 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

I hear you! Can't say I've accomplished anything either - that is other than doing laundry and surfing the net. Did you check out Nichole Heady's damask designs stamps. Lots of ideas there...so take a peek!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP