"A Martha Want-to-be"

>> Thursday, March 19, 2009

I have always secretly envied Martha Stewart and all her crafty ways. You have to give it to her for reinventing things, inspiring ideas, pulling together new color combos and her knack of pulling out old crafts and making them new again. I tell you she can sew, bake, decorate, organize and rearrange.

Last year in the fall I thought to myself, "This year I'm going to be like Martha and have it all together for the holidays. I'm going to pick my projects and have them done before the holidays." Well it didn't quite turn out that way, although I did start shopping for my new Christmas tree look as soon as things started being displayed. I shopped carefully and ended up spending like $45 for an entire new look. So a little bit of Martha did shine on me for that task. However, I pretty much lost it with my other "to do list".

So now, there's this year, I know you're saying my goodness it's only March! But, we all know it always seems to creep up on us and then somehow, it's here before we know it. Well, this year I am striving to start early and be better organized, save more and spend less.

My new theme is "Thrifty and Thoughtful" and I plan on giving Martha a little competition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP