Ahhh....a new year!

>> Friday, January 2, 2009


Well today got me thinking about the upcoming months and what I need to do now to start getting ready!

1st thing I need to do will be to move my straw bale raised beds to another location.
2nd thing I need to ponder is whether or not I am going to get a few more hens for Trev's egg selling business.

More people have been asking for our eggs and we simply cannot keep up with the demand. People really want a healthier egg. Free range eggs. So I need to start researching what kind of hen would be the best fit for us.

I've always liked the Rhode Island Reds and the Barred Plymouth Rocks so they are my top picks. The Hardware store will get them in the spring and I'll need to be ready by then.

Kinda of exciting. No roosters - just hens. Seeing how I already have a very feisty bantam mix rooster who is most unpleasant 99.5% of the time unless of course he's hungry. I'll try to get a picture of my flock - they do look so cute out in the yard scratching and meandering along!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP