"Lettuce" admire the new vegetable bed

>> Sunday, March 7, 2010





Ok, Monty finished both new beds this weekend. I had enough of last years old decomposing straw bales to fill one and just enough left over to top off one of the raised flower beds. I now am going to have to come up with something to fill the second new one. I'm thinking of putting a couple of strawbales out there for my gourds and pumpkins. They should have plenty of space to run. Or maybe some cucumbers.

This morning we went to Lowe's and Walmart and were able to score a 6 pack of buttercrunch lettuce and a couple of 9 packs of bok choy cabbage. I plan to plant them as well as the mesclun seeds in the new bed after Tuesday's rain. All three should be ready for picking in the next 40-45 days. Since I have never grown any of these before, I'm excited to see how they'll do and how much I'll actually get to put in our salads. It's an experiment at best!

On second thought, I think I'll go ahead and plant them this evening. That way they'll have a chance to settle in before the rain. Toodles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP