Dog tired!

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yesterday was spent pulling up weeds, digging wild onions, watering the lettuce and deciding what I am going to do with all the hosta I have in pots. Today, I am so tired, no make that dog tired(whatever that means). My poor fingernails look terrible not to mention my aching back...lol.

Here's my new squirrel proof birdfeeder that a guy in Lowe's talked me into buying. Said he was on his 3rd one and that it was really squirrel proof. He even demonstrated how it worked. Got to love those old "birding" type men. He started telling me what to do to attract all kinds of birds, didn't want to hurt his feelings and tell him I pretty much already knew, so I just stood there and listened, nodding my head. But $19.99 later I owned this little baby. It took several days for the birds to try it out.


This goldfinch was actually on another feeder and I couldn't get up to close with scaring him off, but most are already starting to turn quite yellow! Just click on the picture and it'll make it big enough to see him.


In addition to all the goldfincheds today, we've also had pileated, downy and red bellied woodpeckers on the suet. Lots of bird chatter and action today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP