Moving right along

>> Saturday, March 13, 2010



The lettuce is looking great! New growth in the center of each plant all ready...whoo hoo! No, seriously they have experienced very little shock with only their outer leaves yellowing. I actually picked a few of them off before deciding to let nature take it's course and allow them to wither and fall off.


I also divided my daylilies and replanted them behind the lettuce. Eventually I hope that entire bed will be daylilies. I'm going to buy a couple of yellow ones this year to plant in front of the these (after the lettuce is harvested). The back row is all orange, so I think the yellow will be a nice complement. But, I also like pink, so I may change my mind...who knows!


I'm getting the other bed ready for straw. We have decided to definitely plant a pumpkin vine and a squash plant. I also bought the decorative gourds to try again this year and I'm going to plant them in last years bean bed.

It's coming along, slowly but surely. Monty has gone to get the straw bales for all the rest of the beds. We plan to let them age naturally over the next month before planting in May. No prep with fertilizer will be needed if we go this route and we'll save a little money and be more environmentally friendly at the same time.

Today's going to a nice sun shiny day to just putz around in the yard! Hope you can get out there too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP