My Day

>> Sunday, May 10, 2009




Today is my day, Mother's Day. As I look back over the years, I know it was my true calling to be a mother because I loved motherhood from the moment I became one.

February 12, 1983. As I held my first born and looked down at my sweet little daughter Laurie, I was overwhelmed with love. Four years later, I wondered if I had enough love to give another child.

April 13, 1987. When Aaron was placed in my arms, I need not have wondered as my heart burst with love for my first born son. Five years later with the impending birth of my third child, I wasn't worried.

January 23, 1992. Gazing down at Trevor, I took in the sweet smell of a newborn for my last time. Bittersweet, as I knew he would be my last child. I loved my littlest boy!

I have loved taking walks in the rain, reading books curled up on the couch, playing man-shop and barbies, working puzzles, making costumes, going to the movies, looking for turtles, chasing away scary dreams, healing hurts, going to horse shows, watching videos, playing lego's, helping with last minute school projects(and arguing), going to school functions, listening to band concerts, attending sports events, watching dirt bike tricks, going shopping, getting hugs and kisses and...most of all...just being a Mom!

Yes, it's a good day to be a Mom♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

AnniePat May 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

awwww, what a sweet post! you are the best kind of mom--an inspiring one! i hope my children will love and respect me the way yours do you. happy mothers' day...you deserve it!!

Laurie Elaine, Ph.D. May 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Happy Mother's Day Mamsie!

PS - your first born was clearly the best!

Trevorsky,  May 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Happy Mother's Day, You're the best mom in the world!

Aaronus son of Aaroni,  May 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

yeah, I know I'm days late. But you are a fantastic mother, and I'm proud to be your son.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP