Runaway Train

>> Saturday, May 9, 2009

That's what I feel I am on. The new job is fast approaching, Monday is the big day. While I have some ambivalence and fear of starting something new, I am nonetheless looking forward to finding out exactly what will be involved. I do know this, my new department sends out a lot of emails. So, I now have to remember to check my email several times a day to stay in the loop.

I ran into a nurse last week who had actually done this same job last year. She left the position to go to PPD for a research position and she soon found out she hated all the paperwork and returned to the hospital in a part-time position she really likes in post-op now. She did however say the new manager I will be working with is very nice and easy to work for. I will be working 5 days a week for the first time in my life. Now, I did work full time prior to Laurie's birth, but that was back when I worked weekends so I always had day's off during the week.

Days off during the week are exactly what I think I am going to miss. However, on the flip side I do plan on working early hours, getting off between 2-3pm. I think I'll like that, with time still to stop and shop,or play in the dirt.

So, instead of working a 30 day transfer notice in my current unit, my new department pulled some strings and I'll be released earlier than I thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP