Birthday Boy

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

I climbed the steps up to his bedroom this morning at 0750. I leaned over, gave him a kiss and wished him Happy 18th Birthday. Then, I leaned over again and gave him another kiss, wishing I could keep him this way forever. Wishing, we could go back to the days of kindergarden and do it all over again when we'd play "our" game, "popajay, popajay", or he would place his feet atop mine, so we could walk together. Since we've moved to the country, one of my favorite things for him to say in the evenings has been, "Let's go outside and survey the ranch", and we would, walking arm in arm or hand in hand, looking over the property, dreaming of what we'd build and not caring what passerbys might think of us. Ahh, such good times and happy memories!

So, today is the day. #18. This coming year will be so exciting for him as he starts his little cabin in the woods, works on the boat with his Dad and plans his next hunting season.

Yep, a new day to start making more fun memories!

2 comments:

Laddy Faddy doodie daddie,  January 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

awww lil poopie is growing up! I can't believe he's 18...seems like not that long ago I was meeting that lil red headed baby for the first time at the hospital, picking him from Nina's, then school and going to get ice cream and back to yearbook with me...

AnniePat January 24, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

aww, happy birthday, trevor!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP