Wedding favor idea!

>> Saturday, January 30, 2010

One of the girls I work with is helping plan her stepson's wedding and came up with the idea of placing these pedestal candles at each place setting on the reception dining tables for guest wedding favors. She wanted to dress them up a bit so I made these little tags for inspiration. She bought ribbon and scrapbook paper to match the color scheme of the wedding. We came up with several sayings for the tags. I also played around with the "initial" tag using different styles of fonts. I then dressed them up a little further by gluing the paper to a rim tag. I love the results. The rim of the tag brings an understated elegance to the candles, perfect for the tablescapes. The place settings with silverware, white candle center pieces, flower petals and these little candles will surely dress each table beautifully!

It was really easy to do on the computer. I just typed the sayings or initial, then printed and punched each one. I played around with the best color combination and decided green on navy looked the best(IMO). Gluing them together was a breeze! The rim tag came with the wire hanger which was perfect to attach to the slip knot as I tied each one. She only needs 50, so it should be an easy afternoon project!

So simple! I love it!!

Other ways to use this tag? Well, I can see using the initial tag done in pink paper with jewels and attached to teen gift bags filled with bath stuff, makeup, etc. How about childrens party bags filled with goodies...ohh the possiblilites are endless!

Supply List
Candles(AC Moore)
Ribbon
Scrapbook paper
punch round 1"
punch scallop 1.5"
rim tag 1 1/4" ( you can get 50 of these from staples for $7.99)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP