Christmas Packaging

>> Sunday, January 10, 2010












Well, here you go, my nifty packaging idea that can be modified for a variety of uses, other than what it was originally intended, which of course, is a gift card tin.

I bought 10 of these tins at Halloween, from Michael's, with the intention of filling them with candy and giving them out to my coworkers. I just couldn't motivate myself at Halloween, so I put them away with the idea I would have to come up with another use for them. Right after Halloween, of course Micheal's started putting out Christmas ribbon and I happened to find a very cool ribbon with the same color as the tins. Right then, I knew what I would use the tins as packaging for my handmade tags, tying the tins up with the ribbon. So, I purchased several rolls. I was glad I did, because as October rolled into November, the ribbon sold out.

The tags fit perfectly inside the tins and with the ribbon they turned out pretty cute. Even the handmade tags ended up matching that same green color as the tins. Nice little coincidence.

Other uses :

Fill them with peppermint candy, Reece cups, Hershey candy or other festive wrapped candy.

How about chap stick, cough drops, etc for someone under the weather?

What about filling them with handmade hair ties and little clippies, for cute little girls?

I could keep on thinking and coming up with ideas, but you get my drift. But hey, if you come up with a really cool idea, you have to share. OK?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP